Affiliate Marketing

Hi… I have been looking at various ways to create some passive income streams, but as you may imagine, I’ve run across a LOT of scams! I’d like to break into affiliate marketing, but it’s hard to know what is legitimate. I recently read on the blog about how the Penny Hoarder vets online job opportunities, and I often check into the recommendations about ways to make extra money online, but none have listed affiliate marketing. Has it simply not been researched, or is it a pipe dream? Just curious… ? Thanks.

3 Likes

Hi @stephanie.williams I can let the editorial team know you’re interested in learning more about affiliate marketing. Could lead to a story down the road, who knows!

What format(s) are you thinking about for generating some affiliate revenue?

3 Likes

I don’t even know much about formats. That’s the thing. I’ve seen tons of “get rich quick” schemes, many of which are quite expensive and just feel spammy. Then there is a friend of mine who has been involved with affiliate marketing for months and seems to have one problem after another with his websites, and he has spent crazy amounts of money, but hasn’t made any money yet.

I’ve been thinking of trying Wealthy Affiliates, because they seem to be low risk, with minimal cost and they are not claiming that you will make a lot of money fast. I just really want to diversify my income sources, and I’m looking to build a stream of passive income.

3 Likes

Wealthy Affiliates looks interesting. I think the best starting point, if you go the website route, is to build a site with good content – i.e. something where you’re a subject matter expert and enjoy writing about. Maybe review products that are related to your favorite hobby. Just an idea!

3 Likes

I’ve been considering going through Wealthy Affiliate, as they are an affordable and realistic option.

2 Likes

Thanks, @will.s. ? I will try that.

2 Likes

@stephanie.williams posted:

I don’t even know much about formats. That’s the thing. I’ve seen tons of “get rich quick” schemes, many of which are quite expensive and just feel spammy. Then there is a friend of mine who has been involved with affiliate marketing for months and seems to have one problem after another with his websites, and geometry dash he has spent crazy amounts of money, but hasn’t made any money yet.

I’ve been thinking of trying Wealthy Affiliates, because they seem to be low risk, with minimal cost and they are not claiming that you will make a lot of money fast. I just really want to diversify my income sources, and I’m looking to build a stream of passive income.

I find this answer very interesting. You’re right. There is a friend of mine who has been involved with affiliate marketing for months and seems to have one problem after another with his websites

1 Like

Thanks for share useful information

I have just started a website related to digital marketing. Looking for experts help to guide me more about my affiliate marketing agency.