Buying & Reselling On eBay

My 60 day sales are currently at $0.00, it has been a while since I have been actively selling on eBay but I have decided it is time to get back to listing stuff.

BuyItGo eBay Sales for Jon from Moore Income Blog

I currently have a bunch of stuff in my garage that I have picked up over the past year and a half that I need to start reselling.

So I figured it would be nice to have a topic to discuss this and to share what items I am selling so if any other Penny Hoarders want to earn some extra cash, they can know what to look for.

Also, if you have any good items that you have bought and resold, feel free to share them here so we all can know what to be on the look out for.

I will be posting a comment about any items I sell along with the price I paid (if I can remember) so stay tuned if selling on eBay is something you would like to do for extra cash.

3 Likes

MOORE INCOME funny I was just thinking about this.
I’ll be buying some things from the auction i told you
about and trying to resell them either in fb group or
on ebay.

I’ve a vintage mixer I paid $10 for I’ve put it on the marketplace
for $40. If it doesn’t sell soon I’m going to put it up on ebay.

All so the dollar general here had bath and beauty things
from Christmas .30 to .50 I brought some of them. Hoping
to sell those. They retail for $3 and $5 but not sure what
to sell them for.

Than they had these candles holder in different colors
with the 3 glasses that has different saying on them I think
I got 4 or 5 of them. They was .50 each. I’m sending 1 to
a friend. The rest I’m going to sell.

I all so have some crafts stuff I want to get rid of so I’ll
start selling them in a FB group or ebay. Most of the craft
stuff I got from our daughter so it was free the rest I got
for very little or I’ve made my money back on them so
its will be mainly profit for the craft.

1 Like

I sell online and find it very frustrating. People show interested, and then you contact them. They never come back. So many scenarios…that waste my time. People want everything for free.

2 Likes

MSKIMBERLY I’ve dealt with that myself but you can’t let it get
to you and keep trying. Depending where your posting the item
could be the problems.

I don’t no if it still works but years ago I use to search an item on
eBay 3 or 4 different ways. Allot of times the people had the item in
the wrong place. The second thing was misspelled the item or the
description would have enough in it. All so good pictures will help
and the date the item was made in or the county if vintage.

I hope this helps you.

1 Like

@bonnie.squires Keep me updated about what sells. I will be posting images of the items I sell in the comments here in case anyone else can find those items and resell them as well.

@mskimberly people can be frustrating sometimes, that is why I prefer to sell on eBay, because they work hard to protect both the buyer and the seller. When someone bids on an item, they are committing to buy it if they win at that price and only in a few rare situations do I get someone who does not pay. In which case I simply block them from ever being able to purchase again.

3 Likes

MOORE INCOME I sure will keep you updated.
I’ll post what I have here and where I sold the
item and the price.

1 Like

SOLD an Item Yesterday!

Here is an image of the item I sold:

Craftsman Nextec 12V Lithium-Ion Hammerhead Auto Hammer

IMG_5193

I picked up this item at an Estate sale for 50% off so I ended up only paying $7.50, it was in like new condition and looked as though it may have only been used once or twice.

I originally listed it for $37.77 but when I got an offer for $35 almost immediately, I knew I priced it too low. I sat on the offer for a while ultimately deciding not to accept it.

I bumped the price up to $57.77 + shipping and after only about a day I got an offer and sold it for $69.99 and buyer paid the shipping!!! thumb

$69.99 - $7.50 cost - $11.64 eBay and Paypal fees = $50.85 PROFIT

These sell on eBay for between $70 all the way up to $120 so if you can get your hands on one at a good price, you have a money maker!

1 Like

I am very happy for you! What I don’t like about selling on Ebay is that I have to mail the item.

1 Like

MOORE INCOME. That’s a nice profit. I’m going threw the things I
got now.

3 Likes

MSKIMBERLY I know what you mean about going to the post office

2 Likes

@mskimberly It can be kind of annoying when it comes to shipping things. Thankfully, this one the shipping was paid by the buyer so all I have to do is pick up a priority box from the post office and put it in, tape it up and print out a label.

2 Likes

@moore.income I have heard that you can get the package picked up at your door. Is that true?

Bonnie Squires posted:

MSKIMBERLY I know what you mean about going to the post office

1 Like

@Bonnie Squires That is the part that takes time.

I’ve heard the same thing about them being pick up at the door.
But not sure how it works

I know that UPS offers this service for businesses @mskimberly although I believe they charge a monthly fee for it.

Not sure about the other carriers but I am sure if they do they all would have some sort of terms that you would have to meet.

1 Like

MOORE INCOME I all so think usps offers it to but not sure
how it works. Because I know several years ago our daughter
was telling me about it when she was staying with me.
You can order all supplies from usps to.

All so I know you can ship threw paypal. Well get postage
paid if you have a scale and every thing than just drop item
off at the post office.

1 Like

@moore.income Thank you for this information. I am thinking about going back to selling on ebay, and if I do, I will look into it further.

@mskimberly I think eBay is a great way to earn extra cash and would definitely recommend it. If you have any questions along the way or need any help please don’t hesitate to reach out!

2 Likes

@moore.income Thank you so much for your encouragement.

2 Likes

I was going threw some of the bath and beauty
stuff last night to take pictures and the spell
of the darn bath fizzes gave me a head ache
so I’ll try again tomorrow. Its getting warmer
hear and I should be able to take pictures
outside now.

1 Like