Do you share your Netflix account with someone outside of your house?

Do You Share Your Netflix

If you haven’t heard the news already, Netflix is cracking down on password sharing, making it so you can only share your account with people living in your house.

Will these changes affect you? Will your kids be forced to pay for their own account, or are you getting kicked off another family member’s account?

1 Like

I’ve never paid for Netflix myself. I’m currently on my wife’s account and, naturally, we live together.

If I were to be kicked off for some reason, I doubt I’d resubscribe. I find myself watching Disney+ and YouTube mostly these days.

3 Likes

No, I’m the one that holds the Netflix account. And I have the basic level, and we watch it often- I live with someone who wont watch cable tv because of the commercials. So we stream Netflix and Prime for now and that’s it.

4 Likes

hello will i am not on anyone account i would love to watch Disney but who can afford the prices any more???

3 Likes

@irishnanny I hear you there! We actually share my wife’s brother’s Disney+ account, so we don’t pay for it. :grimacing:

2 Likes

I was on my ex’s account. When we were breaking up, I took myself off and started my own account. That was before Netflix allowed profile transfers. The standard package at $15.49 is expensive! Paying with PayPal costs at least $.50 more, so I immediately switched it to a credit card that I pay off each month.

3 Likes

Oh yes, we have an account for the family. Now my son went off to college and he still uses it. It will be sad if he cannot use it any longer because he is on a very tight budget.

3 Likes

I’m using Netflix now, at least until the end of the month. I just re-subscribed again to Apple TV so that I could watch season 2 of Slow Horses. I switch back and forth with different accounts, depending on what I want to watch. One month, it could be PBS, the next could be MHZ, but some months, none of them. The only steady option I keep is Amazon.

3 Likes

I just coordinated with a friend and she pays for Disney and I pay for Apple TV and we share passwords. It’s working so far!

1 Like

Addendum: I asked Netflix about the $0.50 increase. Netflix confirmed that customers would now pay taxes.

1 Like