Help with credit score

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone could direct me or has any information about how to remove things off my credit report. For example, one of my primary questions is how to I get my name taken off a mortgage I have no title to, without costing me any money? I have been divorced for 14 years, and every time I try to apply for a home, a car etc…This shows on my credit score as on going. I have no claim to this property, but they want $1000 for me to be taken off. My ex won’t pay for it to be removed. He left me homeless and penniless in April of 2006. He got everything, and never paid me the $6000 he was supposed to. It has been so long, I don’t even know if anything can be done at this point. Help would be much appreciated from anyone that has encountered a similar situation.

Thank you,

Robin

Hi Robin,

I’m really sorry to hear about your situation. Did your divorce decree state that your name should no longer be on the mortgage? If it was, then you should be able to get a copy of that from the public records office and have them remove your name without paying anything. Otherwise, you may have to find a way to come up with the money to do so. Honestly, your best bet is to maybe see if there are any lawyers that offer free consultation or would work for relatively cheap to help you out.

Hope things work out for you.

1 Like

My ex had to refinance in order to remove my name from the mortgage. He was court ordered to do so, but it still took him several years.

1 Like