How to get better coupons

when i see a product i need i purchase it i then get home email the manufacturer tell them i like there product ask them for cuopons give them my name and address and them to mail it to me

9 Likes

That sounds like it is a good way to save some money if you don’t need the item right away.

Do you tend to get a lot of coupons this way?

6 Likes

@barbara.mariottini do the companies always send your coupons? do some deny your request?

3 Likes

BARBARA MARIOTTINI I for got all about this trick.
You can all so the company to and ask for coupons.
I did it when our kids was younger and I would save
any way I could.

BJLEE not many turned me down but it was years ago
I would ask for coupons

3 Likes

@bonnie.squires where on the company website do you request them?

4 Likes

Never though of this! I don’t like cutting coupons because its a hassle looking for what I like, but this eliminates the searching and I could get only what I already use. Great idea.

3 Likes

BJLEE like i said i’ve not done this in a long time but
you can go to there website and look for contact info
and contact them that way or you can fined there phone
number and ask for coupons.

I just did a quick google on Rice Krispies and they have where
you can do things to earn coupons or win them and gift cards
they all have a coupon section digital or clip. I posted the link
below for you to check out. Not sure how other sites work but
you would have to check them out.

kelloggs family rewards

2 Likes

barbara mariottini posted:

when i see a product i need i purchase it i then get home email the manufacturer tell them i like there product ask them for cuopons give them my name and address and them to mail it to iwant it also

4 Likes

I have done two things that helped me get the best coupons. One company misspelled a word in their ad, and I wrote to them to tell them about it. They sent me almost $13 worth of coupons for free items. It wasn’t $1.00 of off this or that. They were freebie coupons. Another company I wrote to because I wasn’t sure if I could do this or that with their product because I never used it before. They sent me several freebie coupons and some $1.00 coupons.

5 Likes

@mskimberly I have never considered that as a way to get coupons but I guess it makes sense. You are helping them look better and in turn they are rewarding you.

Thanks for sharing!

3 Likes

I LOVE COUPONS! Especially FPCs (Free Product Coupons). I tend to save them up & do a ‘free’ grocery shopping trip with them to feel like I’m on Extreme Couponersnod or I save them up for camping trips or vacation. I do contact companies to tell them how much I like their products & they usually are very generous in sending coupons.

Bolthouse Farms (USA & CAN), you can email them every 3 months to ask for coupons and they send a stack of them good for all their products - juices, salad dressings, carrots, etc for $1.00off - that usually makes a 1lb bag of carrots free on sale days.

I also belong to the Kellogg’s Family Rewards (even though I’m in CAN, I use my relative’s Seattle address & I have a PO Box in WA), they also email out codes in their newsletters to accumulate points even if you don’t buy their cereals. I did redeem my points for Starbucks e-cards to use when my son was in the hospital.

If you like a product, just email the company to tell them how much you enjoy their product & they are usually generous.

Also, most stores will accept manufacturer’s coupons on clearance items making them even cheaper!

Do some of your stores still have ‘double coupon days’?

1 Like

Hi I am in my 50’s and cannot afford guitar strings

how and what I need to do to get some free strings?

2 Likes

@bcraig have you tried looking into the OfferUp or LetGo apps in your area? People sell or give things away all of the time. You could also look on Facebook Marketplace and search to see if anyone has anything!

3 Likes

@Nicole…I am going to look into their products. Thanks!

1 Like

MsKimberly posted:

Hi there Nicole I am so new at this

Have You done this before email or call a company or product Your interest in getting a product ?

2 Likes

bcraig posted:

MsKimberly posted:

Have You done this before email or call a company or product Your interest in getting a product ?

yes, I have. Mostly with grocery items. I let them know my family & I love their products. Most are generous to send coupons.

I saw you were interested in guitar strings, also google contests for guitars, music stores, etc…that also may help you achieve your goal of free guitar strings. Or contests for Visa cards, paypal, etc.

Nicole posted:

bcraig posted:

MsKimberly posted:

yes, I have. Mostly with grocery items. I let them know my family & I love their products. Most are generous to send coupons.

I saw you were interested in guitar strings, also google contests for guitars, music stores, etc…that also may help you achieve your goal of free guitar strings. Or contests for Visa cards, paypal, etc.

Yes thanks for the good ideas for guitar strings

at this time we are very Bless Thank You Lord To Have food pantries in our area in Utah

any tips or tricks You have learn on how to get free grocery ?

Before purchasing I google for coupons or check the manufacturer’s website. I have been known to contact them and have received a good number of coupons for free items. Like the Cuties tangerines and Schick razors, most recently.

I used to be a super couponer and saved tons of money and kept the family all with supplies of things. I need to get back into that again and this post just reminded me of that. As long as I am stuck in the house I could be doing this. I follow The Krazy Coupon Lady when doing this. She makes it easier to find the best deals.

Maybe we could start a thread on couponing? If enough people are interested. I wouldn’t mind sharing my super secrets on Penny Hoarder!