Secret Money Saving Hacks

Looking to start a thread of money saving hacks. For example, Verizon offers military discount and $5 off if you go paperless. If you order a new card from Bank Of America; go online and say it was stolen (save the $5 charge), negotiate with Sirius and Dish. Never buy water from WaWA (get the free large cup!).

What’s your money saving hacks?

2 Likes

Nice

If you have Xfinity/Comcast, you can save $5 a month by calling and asking them to remove mailing the monthly show guide to you. I was just putting it straight in the recycling anyway!

1 Like

Are you talking about if you have cable with them? I only have the Internet service with them; I wonder if that applies somehow for that?

Great idea for a thread!

I always use cashback sites like Ebates or BeFrugal when making purchases online. It’s not much but it can add up over time.

I also use browser extensions Honey and Wikibuy to automatically apply different coupons from around the web. Sometimes a simple click of the mouse can save me even more money with these two.

4 Likes

Moore Income posted:

Great idea for a thread!

I always use cashback sites like Ebates or BeFrugal when making purchases online. It’s not much but it can add up over time.

I also use browser extensions Honey and Wikibuy to automatically apply different coupons from around the web. Sometimes a simple click of the mouse can save me even more money with these two.

Have you had a lot of luck with Honey? I’ve heard so much about it, but have been hesitant to actually try it.

I use Honey and have saved money, usually a small amount, but sometimes sizable. It depends on what your shopping for. And the great thing is once it’s installed, it will pop up on any site that uses it so you don’t have to remember to check it.

1 Like

I’ve been using the Ibotta app for 4 years and have earned almost $500 on items I normally buy. All you do is add offers to your account - once you’ve bought the items, you take a photo of your receipt and then scan the UPC code on the product. You can also make extra bonus $ by joining a team and working together towards bonuses. Payment is made via PayPal. It’s so easy and the money adds us fast!

1 Like

I’ve saved with Honey on almost everything! It seems to find the most incredible savings for me that it just makes me giggle when I see my bottom line…I love it!

1 Like