Is college right for you?

College is a major investment, in both time and money. Of all the students that begin a four year degree program, only 60% actually graduate. So for the 40% that drop out for one reason or another, it would have been better for them (financially) if they never went to college in the first place. This is in combination with the massive students loans some take to finance their degree. It’s one thing to waste money that you have, it’s another to waste money from a loan that you have to pay back.

Going to college isn’t the path for everyone. In fact, going to college at all should not be a lightly made decision. It is a serious commitment in both time and money. Figuring out whether college fits into your life plans and is necessary to achieve your goals is a must before stepping foot on a campus. Here’s my full thoughts on the matter in the event you are curious https://youtu.be/0JWDusLlHS0

3 Likes

That’s why I’m all about the trades. Such a good career option.

1 Like

Such an opportunity! Love to learn and see other’s ideas and opinions…then go…at least online. If you are good with your hands, consider technical training.

1 Like

The military can be a good option, too, if you qualify for the G.I. Bill. That pays tuition at most colleges up to a Masters’ degree. The downside is for your first year of service you have to pay a non-refundable $100 a month, and depending on your ASVAB score, you may not qualify for tuition reimbursement. You also have to serve at least two years, so pray you don’t get sick (like I did!) or injured.

1 Like

wow thanks for sharing love learning from this community

1 Like

@irishnanny thanks, I hope it can be helpful!

@beckatsila absolutely, the military is an excellent option for college tuition assistance. I’m thoroughly appreciating it helping to pay for my MBA right now

1 Like

yeah absolutely right

1 Like

yeah absoloutly right

1 Like

I think that high schools have become ridiculous with pushing college. College isn’t for everyone. The trades are suffering for decent help. For the 60% that have graduated, how many students have chosen the wrong major and cannot find work? How many are saddled with loans they have a hard time paying back? What emphasis is put on scholarships, saving for education? How come when the government got involved in student loans, the price of college skyrocketed?

2 Likes

Amazing, love thiss!

1 Like