Hello , I Am Johnny Cash , no not really I have just always wanted to say that. on a more serious note , MY Name is Raymond Justman . I am a 59 year young man seeking ways to create an income to support my family. I used to work jobs for 10-12 hours a day that required heavy lifting, bending, walking, all while wearing steel toed boots safety glasses ,a vest , etc… And then the ACCIDENT , it was a freak accident No One is really to Blame . except perhaps the owner of the screwdriver, but who would that be ? any way I came across this site while browsing the internet looking for ways to make money without spending money. I need to Support my Family. thank you for letting Join and be a Part of something.

3 Likes

Welcome Raymond!

Plenty of articles on ways to make money on The Penny Hoarder. Here’s a link to get you started: https://www.thepennyhoarder.co…e-money/quick-money/

Is there anything you’re interested in and able to do? That might help us share some ideas that would fit your particular situation.

3 Likes

Welcome, Raymond to the community. I hope that you can find the help in which you seek.

3 Likes

Welcome to the community @raymond.justman We look forward to seeing you around!

3 Likes

welcome to the community, i am learning a lot from the great people on this community Hello Raymond

4 Likes

Thank you all for welcoming me in the community. And to answer the question above from will S , i have always enjoyed fixing things , if i cannot fix it correctly and safely without spending money on parts , i might take whatever it is and make something else out if it ,that could be useful . Or if nothing comes to mind strip it down and put into inventory for when i need a certain piece , bolt , nut , switch , try to use whatever is there for something . I would like to invent something someday .

3 Likes

@raymond.justman What about handyman work? I know wherever I’ve lived I see a lot of requests for help with various household projects on the Nextdoor app and local Facebook groups.

Also, buying and flipping items on Craigslist and Facebook Marketplace can be pretty lucrative if you have the time and knowledge to get started.

2 Likes

Well funny thing for you to mention that . I certainly wouldn’t mind landing a maintenance job at an apartment complex or houses . but i don’t know much ,nor do i care to about carpet . Except for the fact it is heavier than i want to deal with . And i am not Certified in anything . I can do the same work safely . And i was using marketplace quite frequently before i my car refused to work anymore regardless how much attention i gave it . She was high maintenance but i am not a magician . There are some things that cannot be fixed . But if i had land to park it on , may have been different, i could have saved up and got her a new engine , probably would have . But it is what it is. No wheels at the moment would make my tools all the heavier toting them by hand . But yes i was using marketplace and fixing things . In fact i have a pet hair dryer i picked up , rewired the short it had in it . I would gladly sell it to make space .there is not a big market for those though. Could be used for other things like defrosting the freezers , warming a small area ,has a stand with wheels and a flexible hose on a telescopic pole .it is the only one i have ever seen ,but it takes up space that’s for sure

2 Likes