Online Travel Agent training/ Certification

I have came across a company that only charges $30 to train and certify you as a bonded travel agent. Found out that it is a branch off of Archer travel, which has built a great name for themselves, I must say. So very blessed I found this opportunity through a really good friend of mine. I was given my own free personal travel website, updated by the company so I need not do anything but answer emails for quotes and book travel. This place pays 80% commissions on every travel you book through them.

3 Likes

I think I have heard of that company before. The travel industry is definitely a great industry to be in.

I hope that works out well for you! Look forward to hearing more about how it goes!

2 Likes

Thank you so much! ?

2 Likes

Can anyone provide more insight? I was considering taking an online course. Please feel free to offer your opinion.

Travel and Tourism Certificate - Online##### ID : 24081#####

Whether you’re an experienced world traveler or just have wanderlust, a career in travel allows you to share your passion with others by offering advice on trip destinations, planning trip itineraries, and making travel arrangements for your clients. Travel agents sell and book travel for everything from family vacations, to honeymoons, to corporate travel. It’s their job to cater aspects of the trip to their clients needs. As you advance your career, you can even specialize in a specific type or region of travel. And, as an added perk, you’ll know all the insider tips to the travel industry, so the next vacation you plan will be exactly what you hoped for. Upon completion of this program you will be able to sit for the TAP (Travel Agent Proficiency) test, offered by the Travel Institute (formerly ICTA), the registration fee for this exam is included with this program.

This online program consists of three modules. You will first participate in a travel career development program, which will teach you the basics of the travel industry, followed by a second module in which you will study geography for travel professionals, focusing on destinations all over the world that you are most likely to recommend and sell to your clients. In the final module you will choose the GDS computer reservation system you wish to study. Your facilitator will help you to select the proper GDS system to best achieve your career goals.

The student will have a choice of textbooks depending on which ticketing system they choose for the program.

• Travel Career Development and accompanying workbook
  • Exploring the World, Geography for the Travel Professional and accompanying workbook
  • Sabre or Apollo Format Guide
  • Introduction to Apollo

View the course syllabus

For our online course refund policy, click here.

Requirements:

This program is compatible with the Windows XP and later operating systems and IE 7 and later browsers.This course can be taken on either a Mac or a PC. Students will need to have an Internet connection and email capabilities.

Adobe Flash Player and Adobe Acrobat Reader are required for this course.
Click here to download the Acrobat Reader.
Click here to download the Flash Player.

You will receive a password and log-in information via email within 3-5 business days of registering for this course. Textbooks are included and will be mailed to you within 10 business days. You have 6 months to complete this course. You must make an 70 or higher as your final grade to successfully complete the course and receive a certificate of completion.

There are no refunds for this course.

If you have questions about this course, please contact the online coordinator at 470-578-6693 or online@kennesaw.edu.

Add To Cart » Send to Friend » Request More Info » Checkout »

Thanks for sharing this. I’m a huge Carmen Sandiego fan, so this could be a good fit for me. I’ll check it out.