Reducing unnecessary spending.

Due to the Coronavirus we all have been affected one way or another! With a lot of extra time on my hands I began to explore my spending habits especially on unnecessary bills. Many accounts that I have are willing to suspend payments or make some type alteration to help during these trying times. I started with the cable company because we hear more complaints about inconsistent pricing in services. It’s weird, cable companies are willing to lose your business by being an existing customer and not giving you a great deal on services, but rather allow new customers better pricing. So we find ourselves shopping around each year for better pricing. Recently, I did just that my Internet bill reduced over 70 percent. Not a bad savings for a couple hours of work. Secondly, we did away with the cable television and went to a company that Offered programming with the use of a fire stick. There are a numerous companies out there that provide these services. By doing this we were able get more programming channels for about 20 bucks a month. So if you are in a pinch during these uncertain times you too can save a decent amount of money each month. Soon we will be exploring our homeowners and car insurance options.

1 Like

Kudos to you for taking the steps to reduce your spending. This is a great reminder and nudge for those of us who haven’t explored our options here yet!

We just got an HD antenna. We still have Direct TV, as we still have 3 more months under contract. We got rid of Netflix@$13.99 monthly in January 2020. We have Amazon Prime, which has a ton of free shows and movies. We have Disney Plus free until November, then $6.99 @ month with Verizon. Our expenses are low, as we have no consumer debt, and use cash. Our mortgage is small. We shop at Aldi and sales. We eat and cook at home. My husband is a trucker, and has some over the road expenses such as food. He brings laundry home. He brings all toiletries from home, and over the counter allergy meds. We try and keep our overhead low.

1 Like