Roadie

I don’t mind driving and my job offers some time during lunch that I can make a delivery or two to earn extra money. However, the apps I use, Roadie and Doordash, are not paying enough to compensate for gas.

Does anyone have advice for making a quick buck in my spare time?

1 Like

Are you mostly delivering meals from restaurants? If so, maybe consider delivering groceries instead. Many people find that to be much more lucrative than delivering food from fast food joints, etc.

1 Like

@will.s posted:

Are you mostly delivering meals from restaurants? If so, maybe consider delivering groceries instead. Many people find that to be much more lucrative than delivering food from fast food joints, etc.

With Roadie I deliver mostly Rx. With Door Dash I deliver mostly drinks and food. I had trouble accessing shipt and wasn;t able to get on the platform.

1 Like

I haven’t heard of Roadie, but it is available in my area! Seems like gas prices are going down for now – hope that is helping you make some extra cash.

1 Like

not sure if you have a AMAZON near you, but they pay good for small delivery’s my granddaughter does them and she says she’s making good money

@irishnanny posted:

not sure if you have a AMAZON near you, but they pay good for small delivery’s my granddaughter does them and she says she’s making good money

Newburgh has an Amazon hub. I wonder what app your granddaughter uses . . .

good morning Michael but my granddaughter does work for the Newburgh on we live in the area, i know she started out doing a small start, now she is making better money and loving it, she takes the children with her sometimes, she really is enjoying her job with Amazon .

One of the other members makes a good point, and I agree with them. I think you should get in touch with your previous employer’s HR department. Whether you still have medical expenses from before you quit your previous work, contact your insurance company to see if the FSA would help pay them.