Side Hustles - Are You Cut Out To Be Your Own Boss?

Do you need more money to make ends meet? You could get a part-time job or start a side hustle business. A job doesn’t require a startup investment but often doesn’t end up paying well. A side gig could pay off big time but requires investment capital and sweat equity to make it grow. What’s right for you? Do you have the determination and self-motivation to make a side hustle work? I started a business as a side hustle in 1981 and grew it into a successful full-time enterprise that I still operate today. I provide a simple litter removal service on foot using inexpensive hand tools outside commercial properties. But it’s not for everyone. What’s your take? BrianSweeping

7 Likes

@brian.winch I read about your business a while back and was so intrigued by the fact that you built a business just from picking up garbage! I am super excited that you have joined the community here and look forward to learning more from your experience!

I have bought and resold stuff as a part time side hustle for some time now. Over the past few years my job has been doing digital marketing for a small promotional products company, I soon plan to start providing digital marketing to other businesses as a side hustle with hopes of making that full time!

I am interested to know… How do you go about getting clients? Do you contact them directly and offer your services or do you use different forms of marketing to them?

2 Likes

Thanks! I wish you luck. I contact them directly. Also important to claim your free Google My Business listing.

2 Likes

I heard and read @brain winch story on another face book group
making cents out of cents i think thats the name

1 Like

Yes. Making Sense of Cents. “Get Paid $30 -$50 per Hour to Pick Up Trash”.

2 Likes

BRIAN WINCH I found it interesting to. But i don’t
think it would work in a small town and most places
are closing down sadly. Thanks for correcting me on
the name of the group.

This trash pick service works best in cities with many commercial properties. It would not work in a rural setting. While many large department stores or big box stores are closing down, they tend to be located in large shopping malls or town centers. There are far more small to medium size properties that are better candidates for the service.

2 Likes

BRIAN WINCH thank you

@brian.winch I am curious, do you provide services to any Schools or Universities or are these not typically part of your target market?

1 Like

Schools and universities typically do trash pick in-house. There are far more small to medium size retail plazas, office buildings and industrial properties to service.

2 Likes

Hey Brian. I read about you a while back on J. Money’s site. I thought it was an intriguing business model. Good job.

1 Like

I would love a side hustle like the one you mentioned If given the opportunity

thank you?