Stimulus check?

I uploaded my direct deposit information on the IRS website last Wednesday. I was wondering if anyone else was still waiting for their check? Or have any idea when I might expect to see the deposit? We really need this money, like so many others out there.

Mine has not arrived.

1 Like

@lismox many have not received their stimulus checks yet. The reasons aren’t totally clear. Both my wife and I received ours…one, because she has direct deposit from her employer, and I am on disability. You may want to check with your congress people in Washington, DC. They usually have some kind of explanation and will often check on what is stopping the check from being delivered.

1 Like

I just read in the Wall Street Journal on the 25th that if you submitted info by the 22nd that you would receive your payment this coming week. On Reddit, readers are saying it takes 2 full weeks from the date you entered the info and it was accepted. I know people that entered by the 15th were getting their checks Thu, Fri and Sat this past week. Dozens of bloggers were saying that after using the portal to enter their DD they were surprised to receive a paper check this past week. The portal was giving out dates of the 24th thru the 29th on those checks. I hope any of this helps you.

Thanks everyone!

1 Like

Check the IRS.GOV website “where’s my payment” tool. They say it updates once daily.

If you filed taxes and are just adding the direct deposit info it shouldn’t be very long.

I’m on Yahoo news and there updates on the stimulus checks are great! I’m on SSDI With many questions and found a question and answer session finally and got all my answers!!

1 Like

I’ll believe it when I see it !!

I’ve heard this comment lately concerning things from our government. I’m not criticizing it, but I’m not agreeing with how it’s being handled either. Millions are still waiting on not only their stimilus checks, but unemployment checks as well. If people would only realize they need to contact their representatives in Washington, DC to get some answers and apply pressure to them…they’d be much better off eventually.

@averagejoe YES I agree and I have actually done that via emails. Not about Stimulus payment but about Housing freeze on rents. For a payment plan or payoff solution after May 15th. In our state starting Monday, MAY 18th, landlords will be filing eviction orders ASAP and expect renters to have 2-3 months rent at one time and assistance programs are aimed only at the very low-income voters.

2 Likes

@lismox @mskimberly Any update on your checks? They’re often deposited on Wednesdays, so I’m crossing my fingers that today will be your day.

@dear.penny - I got a pending notification on Monday but the IRS website says it will be deposited tomorrow, so I’m hoping it clears by then. What a relief!

Still waiting.

@leslie.kay, I wish I could say that I knew things are going to get better before they get worse, but I’m afraid that’s not going to happen unless people wake up to what’s going on. I hope that you OWN and don’t rent. I’d hate for you to lose your domicile. It’s not a good thing, I know. I am always contacting our congressional “leaders” and letting them know where I stand…not just by email, but by phone as well. They don’t like being “hounded”, but I don’t care…when it’s something of greater importance than them going to get their hair cut or styled, or buying a new dress or suit of clothes for a DC party, I stay on them. It works. I hope you are well, safe, and being careful out there if you go out.

AverageJoe

@redcatcec I hope you don’t have to wait much longer. I have heard from many that they expect to wait until at least the end of May. I don’t know how they can get away with that, but they do. I’ll be hoping you get yours soon.

Average Joe

1 Like

@lismox I hope that you have received your stimulus by now. The wheels of government often move too slow to be counted as responsible people. We put them there, but maybe it’s time to start removing those who are holding things up through their ideology that ISN’T for the American public, but for others instead. That stimulus is important, I know. But, believe me, in the long run, it won’t do the American public any good.

@averagejoe posted:

@lismox I hope that you have received your stimulus by now. The wheels of government often move too slow to be counted as responsible people. We put them there, but maybe it’s time to start removing those who are holding things up through their ideology that ISN’T for the American public, but for others instead. That stimulus is important, I know. But, believe me, in the long run, it won’t do the American public any good.

It posted to our account today, which is a relief.

1 Like

@lismox I’m so glad you finally got yours. We had ours right near the beginning. For us, it was added to our emergency fund. We’ve placed almost all of this type of money into our emergency fund and it’s helped in the short run. Don’t spend it all in one place, my friend, unless you can make or save some money on something you need. Blessing.

@averagejoe Thank you for your response. Yes, right now I am renting. Two more years until I buy again. I do hope that they pay attention to what constituents write in about. I believe that Whitmer has this subject on her agenda, I just don’t want it to get swept by in all the turmoil because landlords will take advantage of this loophole to empty out units unnecessarily. They are not concerned with a health crisis they are motivated by their profit dollar. Can’t be mad, I have been a landlord and a tenant. I see the difficulty, but if the gov’t was to subsidize owners on their end and allow them to pass it on to the renter we would all be able to sleep at night!

Still NO Stimulus Check as of 5/1/20. Waah!

@leslie.kay I’m sorry that your check hasn’t shown up. I know how frustrating that is. When we got ours during another administration"s stimulus, it took forever. We were one of the last ones to get it. I will be praying yours shows up soon. I know many here don’t like the word “prayer”, or that God will provide, but He’s a center part of our lives, and HE DOES WHAT HE PROMISES! So, until they kick me off of here, I’ll refer to Him, and encourage others to look to him. He knows your need. Blessings, my friend.