The Importance of Taking Action

Importance of Taking Action Post by Jon from Moore Income

If you hang around any internet marketing or “make money online” circles for any length of time, you are sure to hear all about the importance of taking action.

And rightfully so, because taking action truly is what separates those who succeed from those who don’t.

This past Saturday I had an experience that reminded me just how important taking action is and how it can be profitable.

Friday night, I was searching Facebook marketplace for potential items to resell on eBay. I found this one listing for a Hard Drive and saw that the same seller was also selling several other items. She also had posted about a rummage sale on Saturday.

I decided I would go to the rummage sale and if I had any money to spare, I planned to offer her $100 for the Hard Drive (listed at $60) and a Receipt Scanner (listed at $50).

To my surprise, I found her at the rummage sale selling a bunch of stuff including those items. Except now the receipt scanner was $30!

I found several other items that I could potentially resell and made an offer for all the items for $90, and she took the offer!

This is where the “Taking Action” comes into play…

You see, a lot of times, I have made the mistake of purchasing items, bringing them home and then they just sit in storage for a long while before I actually get around to listing them.

Instead of doing that, this time I listed them for sale on eBay as soon as I got home.

Within 30 minutes of listing (for $77.77) the receipt scanner (no joke) I had received an offer for $60.00 + shipping, I countered the offer for $67.77 which they accepted immediately!

By the end of the hour I had packaged and shipped the item and had $30 profit!

All because I made a choice to Take Action!

I realize this post is a bit long but thanks if you have taken the time to read it.

I just hope that my experience can encourage someone else out there that taking action is important!

Whether it is taking action on your goals or vision or in some area of your financial life, remember, taking action is an important step on the pathway to success!

What is something you are willing to commit to taking action on?

4 Likes

@moore.income Jon, I agree. I have a lot of ideas, and they are great ideas, but they are worthless unless I put them into action. What I am making a commitment to doing is getting organized. When I am organized, I have the opportunity to make more money. It is hard for me to focus unless I am organized. This is a necessary topic.

4 Likes

MOORE INCOME this is a good post. Today I got my
basil mint strawberries planted. Tomorrow I’m going
to start going threw things and seeing what i paid for
them and list them.

4 Likes

@moore.income that’s really great news! I want to get into reselling but i’m not sure which items will move quickly and which will sit as a listing.

3 Likes

I’ve been selling designer/fashion items on Poshmark. The key is taking the time to take great photos and write awesome descriptions. I’d like to get into finding items at thrift stores/yard sales/department store sales, but again that takes some time! Yes, I need to take action!

5 Likes

I would like to get back in school and learn some skills that will help me in a new career field and to get a more educated in the business management and finance skills, and then I would like to explore my options

5 Likes

Goals without specific plans for actions are just dreams. I’m a visual person, and TBH, I love lists. So I created a habit tracker from a Bullet Journal and taped it to my bedroom wall to remind me to take action every day. I’m starting out with a few items, and building up to more, all to reach my ultimate goal of a better managed household- financially, schedule wise, healthy. It’s crazy how just checking off a box makes me get up and do it.

Here’s what it looks like:
Image result for habit tracker

https://www.google.com/search?..mgrc=5Pa85PXbiOokIM:

4 Likes

PiNaY posted:

I’ve been selling designer/fashion items on Poshmark. The key is taking the time to take great photos and write awesome descriptions. I’d like to get into finding items at thrift stores/yard sales/department store sales, but again that takes some time! Yes, I need to take action!

@PiNaY I agree with you! This is so true. Kudos to you!

1 Like

KellyFromKeene posted:

Goals without specific plans for actions are just dreams. I’m a visual person, and TBH, I love lists. So I created a habit tracker from a Bullet Journal and taped it to my bedroom wall to remind me to take action every day. I’m starting out with a few items, and building up to more, all to reach my ultimate goal of a better managed household- financially, schedule wise, healthy. It’s crazy how just checking off a box makes me get up and do it.

Here’s what it looks like:
Image result for habit tracker

https://www.google.com/search?..mgrc=5Pa85PXbiOokIM:

@kellyfromkeene This is a very helpful idea. It’s simple, too. I love it!

4 Likes

@kellyfromkeene great resource and idea, thanks for sharing!

To everyone else, I encourage each of you to take action on a daily basis. And feel free to share anything you are taking action on in this thread!

5 Likes