Uber Eats

Anyone deliver for Uber Eats? Pros, cons? Car insurance?

Hi @karo I have delivered for Uber Eats in the past and will continue after this craziness is over.

There are both benefits and downsides for sure but from my personal experience, it has been a great source of side income.

It really depends on your market but in my area, Uber Eats is less popular for drivers than Door Dash so I was able to earn more because there were more orders avaialble. Of course, this can always change as all companies are always trying to recruit new drivers.

For the pros, setting your own schedule is great as well as the fact that you can choose which orders you wish to take. If you are in a busy area, they will often offer incentives for completing more orders.

You can cash out money same day which is nice if you need a little extra for a purchase.

Also, they offer a few nice perks the best being Tuition assistance after completing 1000 deliveries.

One of the biggest downsides is definitely the depreciation on your car. If you are driving a newer car, the depreciation just doesn’t make it worth it.

Here is a video explaining depreciation https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkmAIeOVfKg (It is talking about driving for Uber but also can apply to Uber Eats)

Another downside is that you are responsible for your own taxes so you have to set aside quite a bit to be able to pay them at the end of the year.

If you have any specific questions about Uber Eats, feel free to ask and I will do my best to answer them.

Also, how do I figure out what the depreciation is on my car? I drive a 2009 Toyota Corolla.

Oh, thank you so much! Do you know anything about the supposed car insurance that they cover you with on Uber Eats?

I don’t know a lot about it, but I have always just driven without any extra insurance. Not saying that is the best way to go about it but that is what I did.

Here is an article about car depreciation for more info: https://www.creditkarma.com/au…reciation-calculated

Thanks!