What are your thoughts on Extinction Level Events?

It would appear it’s in our Nature to destroy ourselves and everything around us. With rather devastating evidence. And what we don not often pay attention to is the fact that the 6th extinction level event is already happening on Earth! And will reach full swing within the next Century! We’ve been doing an awful lot of Space Exploration lately…just saying…

I recently decided to do something completely different from my niche. So I started researching into the Megalodon Shark. The shark didn’t scare me half as much as the effect of human activity. The Megalodon need to fear the human race, not the other way around. And if it does still exist it would be wise to stay hidden. Humans tend to kill and destroy everything they don’t understand or fear.

We are already entering the 6th extinction level event. And global warming is no stranger to an estimated 4.5 Billion year old planet. It has happened several times before, 5 times in fact. Five extinction level events, all of which was survived by one superior species. The shark! And the research really blew me away.

The human race (homosapien) has been around for an estimated 200,000 years. With devastating effect to the planet and many species. Since the 1970’s the population of wild animals have more than halved. While the human population more than doubled. Species are becoming extinct 100 times faster as a result of human activity. See where this is going with regard to food supply and fresh water?

Is it really in our nature to destroy ourselves and everything around us? Is it our very way of life that is steering us as a species off the proverbial cliff? What do you think?

I don’t know that I would agree with a lot of the information here.

But I must admit that this is not a topic I have given much deep thought too.

Interesting topic nonetheless, just not my cup of tea.

1 Like

Moore Income posted:

I don’t know that I would agree with a lot of the information here.

But I must admit that this is not a topic I have given much deep thought too.

Interesting topic nonetheless, just not my cup of tea.

And rightfully so @moore.income. As I soon came to the conclusion that everything we “think” we know? Is just someone else’s research and perception at the time of discovery. So there really is much room for debate.

Completely outside my niche I must admit. I literally stumbled on the idea (or rather suggestion) through YouTube video comments. So, I started researching. Just find it rather fascinating.

1 Like