What is the key to actually make money online?

Now there are several “claims” of how “easy” it is. Which is not all wrong I might add, but rather misleading. Because it is “easy” to do anything, only when you actually know what you’re doing. Most people get started with online marketing. And then pretty much feel around in the dark in hope to generate some sales. I know because I been there. Chasing everything that will turn a PC into an ATM. Terrible how you learn the truth!

The key is to focus on how much you can learn. Not how much you can earn. All the systems, programs and methods you see to make money online. Is the result of someone that started years ago. Gathered the required knowledge and developed their own programs. Because the “trick”, especially with affiliate marketing. Is to gather as much knowledge as you possibly can. And then turn that knowledge into a full time income. Which is also why hobbies have proven quite profitable on several occasions.

If you’re considering affiliate marketing? Then be prepared to purchase everything you intend to promote. Not only will you gain the needed knowledge, but also determine which products are worthwhile for your audience. If you don’t then you will have an alarmingly high refund rate. Which completely defeat the purpose in the first place.

There are 3 things that are most important to make money online. They are knowledge, unique content and presentation (aka “first impression”). In that order.

One of the things I am learning when it comes to making money is that focusing on providing value to others is much more important that focusing on the actual “making money” part.

I can’t tell you how many times I have failed at something simply because I was so focused on making money that I failed to provide value and thus failed at reaching the customer I was trying to.

Reading the book The Go-Giver has completely changed my mindset on this.

4 Likes

Moore Income posted:

One of the things I am learning when it comes to making money is that focusing on providing value to others is much more important that focusing on the actual “making money” part.

I can’t tell you how many times I have failed at something simply because I was so focused on making money that I failed to provide value and thus failed at reaching the customer I was trying to.

Reading the book The Go-Giver has completely changed my mindset on this.

Recognition through offering value is so much more important than sales @moore.income. And I’m with you on the failing part. I too used to be way to eager to generate the sales, big mistake. But once you slow down to a gallop, things kind of like fall in place. It’s the slowing down part that’s most difficult.

Tiny objective steps in the right direction. There’s no giant leap to fame and fortune. And also where many newbies give up once reality sets back in. Expectancy is another way to fail.

3 Likes

MOORE INCOME and DEON CHRISTIE thanks for this info.
I to failed at things. But i never give up.

1 Like

Bonnie Squires posted:

MOORE INCOME and DEON CHRISTIE thanks for this info.
I to failed at things. But i never give up.

You just keep going @bonnie.squires. The only time you really fail is when you stop. The rest is not failure but rather lessons learned. And knowledge gathered.

1 Like

DEON CHRISTIE thank you very much.

1 Like

Bonnie Squires posted:

DEON CHRISTIE thank you very much.

Only a pleasure @bonnie.squires. Hope this helps.

1 Like

DEON CHRISTIE yes it has help

1 Like

For making money online, the techniques you have mentioned are long-term techniques and they require you to have some online marketing skills.

There are other reliable ways for earning money online, not through online / affiliate marketing but upfront paying tasks such as writing an essay, data entry jobs, transcription jobs etc.

You can even teach English online and earn up to $25 per hour. You can answer questions and offer expert opinion in exchange for money. There are so many possibilities. You just need to find the right platform for your desired skillset. You can find such opportunities on Pennyhoader blog itself and there are other blogs like Webemployed that share such opportunities. You just need to look in the right places.

2 Likes

@user_510364695092629658 you are right, affiliate marketing is definitely not the only way to earn money online.

It is a good way, and there are many people who focus solely on affiliate marketing and end up making a lot of money. But it is by no means the only way to go about it.

In the long term, it can turn into a much more passive income stream but it is not for everybody.

1 Like

The keys to making money are to be organized and knowledgable of your inventory then use that info to be sure that you are building in enough profit margin after packaging and postage. Consider your time has value. The more sales that you do the better you will get at it.

Investigate different formats for selling because some products sell better on some apps than others. Stay organized and pin/tape a notecard to each item listing where you have it on sale and for how much. List what you paid for it. I’d like to get super organized with shelves and totes with a master list on each tote to be able to track the value of the items purchase prices and listing prices.

With some sites it is recommended that you enclose a short, personal Thank You note to spur a good review or faster responses. Good reviews are so helpful when using Amazon or eBay. Faster responses on Poshmark get your payments/money released to you quicker. So build in the cost of a notecard, tissue paper, shipping container, gas/mileage if you need to drop off packages to be shipped.

Understand that shipping costs are higher for heavier, odd-shaped, cross country or expedited shipments. Try to use the standard express shipping boxes that are one rate for any weight in that box. If an order is going to a nearby location you can save on express shipping and send it ground and it will still arrive in a few days. When I first started selling online the postage ate me alive. I personally switched to buyer pays freight then as I learned I just added the cost shipping directly to the price of the product. I have shipped packages where I have lost money overall because it was heavy and going across the country! But I depend on my high reviews. I have a perfect record online and that makes customers feel better about buying from you. So sometimes you have to eat it.

Learn the best places to source certain items. Don’t rely on one source fits all. I have gotten many good deals at the Walmart clearance aisle! Products are new but usually discontinued or out of season. Buy sale items out of season and save it for the next year when you can charge full price with no issues! Like I am buying snowblowers this month for nearly nothing and I will make quadruple the cost.

1 Like