Work from home

Have been out of work due not being able to go in community settings because of illness. Savings dwindling and tired of looking for at home or remote only to find scams or surveys. I do surveys here and there. So any advice on reputable companies. Computer savvy. Data entry customer service. Again any help in a good direction would be womderful

2 Likes

www.ratracerebellion.com is a reputable website for work at home jobs.

Also check out https://kaylasloan.com/ - she is a virtual assistant and she has a course which you can take (for a fee), but she claims you can make good money afterwards.

Good luck to you and don’t give up!

Mya Dangelmaier posted:

Have been out of work due not being able to go in community settings because of illness. Savings dwindling and tired of looking for at home or remote only to find scams or surveys. I do surveys here and there. So any advice on reputable companies. Computer savvy. Data entry customer service. Again any help in a good direction would be womderful

Hi @mya.dangelmaier,

We get that question a lot at The Penny Hoarder. That’s why we created our own Work-From-Home Jobs Portal! Every day, I (and a team of other journalists) scan the web for remote job openings and vet them for legitimacy. In our portal, we post tons of job opportunities in sales, customer service, marketing, and IT especially.

In the next few weeks, there are two free online events that will help job seekers, including those on SSI/SSDI disability benefits, learn about and find WFH jobs. The first event goes over the basics of WFH employment and common employers, and the second event is a virtual job fair with Concentrix, Enterprise, Wells Fargo and others who all have current remote job openings.

I also made a recent post on this forum that breaks down the top remote-job employers by industry.

I can’t work either because of a illness. I am on SSI, and i would love to work from home.I have been doing these surveys, commenting of some web sites, that don’t pay nothing but pennies.

1 Like

Joyce Taylor posted:

I can’t work either because of a illness. I am on SSI, and i would love to work from home.I have been doing these surveys, commenting of some web sites, that don’t pay nothing but pennies.

Hey @joyce.taylor I really think you would benefit from the upcoming online events about work-from-home jobs. The host, My Employment Option, specializes in finding people on SSI & SSDI legit remote work. They have certified benefits counselors that can help you navigate your benefits and the job hunt.

I highly, highly recommend you check out the webinar and the career fair. The webinar is about finding legit WFH jobs, this Thurs. at 3 p.m. Eastern. The following event is a virtual job fair is Oct. 10, where you can chat with employers who are hiring remote jobs right now.

Here’s the article I wrote about the events for more info: https://www.thepennyhoarder.co…nt-options-job-fair/

P.S. I recently wrote an article about working while on SSI or SSDI: https://www.thepennyhoarder.co…while-on-disability/

I hope these resources help! Good luck.