Acorns

I’ve been investing with Acorns for over a year now. It’s easy fun and takes the stress out of saving money as it’s done for you. Start saving for that rainy day.

1 Like

I have been investing with Acorns for quite some time now but I have to say that they are one of my least favorite of all the ones I use.

It is definitely easy to invest with them, but it wasn’t until recently that I actually started seeing positive returns on my investments.

But after you take out the monthly fee for using their service, I am still technically losing money.

For the time being though, I will continue investing on a weekly basis with them and hopefully things will turn around.

@moore.income, you said that Acorns is one of the least favorite you use – what are your favorites?

I am trying a new startup idea here in Australia. It gives you shares (2% of spend) for every receipt uploaded from the big grocery stores. It’s better than giving your change or paying fees, as there are no fees. I wonder if you know of any other grocery return programs? Here there are also Motoring Association reward discounts and Holiday Club discounts on big box stores too.

1 Like

Sounds good we have an app here called Shopkick they give points for stores and scanning items in those stores

I’ve done well with this one here in US

@moore.income Which apps do you like better than Acorns?

Try Ibotta as well as Shopkick.

I tried Ibotta and I don’t like it. In order to get your rewards you have to buy products that are more expensive than competitors. You have select the brand you are buying and after you get your receipt you have to upload it to their app. You end up spending more without much of a return.

2 Likes

@theodora I just saw your question!

My absolute favorite is Wisebanyan, now Axos Invest. I have always experienced great returns with them and am consistently seeing upwards of 20% returns on my money invested.

I have accounts with right around 13 different investment apps but some of my other favorites are the robo advisers which include WealthSimple and Finhabits.

I have used IBOTTA for some time and really like it. I just started Stash and it seems great so far. I use National Consumer Panel and take surveys from them and have gotten some amazing prizes but no money. Another one I like is Smart Panel which is connected to your electronic devices and gives you $5 a month. Smart Panel tracks where you browse and while $5 a month is nothing they occasionally have survey’s and money does add up. I currently do surveys on several select sites and earn extra income this way. Again it isn’t much but every bit helps.

Robkon posted:

I tried Ibotta and I don’t like it. In order to get your rewards you have to buy products that are more expensive than competitors. You have select the brand you are buying and after you get your receipt you have to upload it to their app. You end up spending more without much of a return.

I agree. I’ve only ever made like $7.75 on Ibotta and I think it’s a pain to use.

1 Like

Moore Income posted:

@theodora I just saw your question!

My absolute favorite is Wisebanyan, now Axos Invest. I have always experienced great returns with them and am consistently seeing upwards of 20% returns on my money invested.

I have accounts with right around 13 different investment apps but some of my other favorites are the robo advisers which include WealthSimple and Finhabits.

13 investment apps is a lot to keep track of. Oh my gosh!

The thing I like about Ibotta is that sometimes I get free stuff to try or almost free or even partly free that I wouldn’t have tried. I don’t buy a lot of name brand stuff but I cashed out $20 at a time multiple times. There are other apps that I don’t care for. We each are entitled to our own opinions and Ibotta works for me!