Financial Fitness February: Day 18

Today I spent a lot of time working on doing bookkeeping for my business but I did have a few nice financial WINS to share today

1.) More Dropshipping Sales

The sales continue with my dropshipping products, it is still things related to lighting. I believe it must be the time of year when people update their lighting both indoor and out because I sold one indoor lamp and two sets of landscaping lights.

With each sale bringing in roughly $5 in profit, that’s $15 in extra income and the orders took me less than 10 minutes to fulfill.

If you sell online and have never tried dropshipping from US suppliers, I would recommend giving it a try.

Even though I have been listing some of my physical inventory, I have been selling more dropshipping products recently which is making me want to dive in a little deeper and sign up with some new suppliers to maybe increase my sales.

2.) Discontinued Item Sale!

This is a big WIN for me. I mentioned discontinued items in one of my recent posts and I actually just sold one item I picked up the other day.

I bought it at Ace Hardware, it is called Good-bye Cracks by Goof Off.

I picked it up for $5 and listed it and it sold within 12 hours for my full asking price of $77 + shipping! After fees that is going to be over $50 PROFIT!

And the cool thing is, I still have 2 more of them to sell!

If you are not familiar with discontinued items, they are basically brand names that have either stopped making a specific line of products or the brand themselves go out of business.

There are quite a few items out there that are highly sought after but since they are no longer made, they are hard to find and these people are willing to pay good money to get their hands on it.

I am by no means an expert on discontinued items but I follow a lady on YouTube and Instagram called “Thrift to Travel” and she is definitely the person I would say to look up if you want to learn more on the topic!

3.) Got a Few Deliveries In

As I mentioned at the beginning, today I was focusing more on bookkeeping for my business and the next couple days will probably be the same.

However, I did take some time this evening to do a few deliveries with UberEats to bring in a little income for the day besides what I made with eBay sales.

I was logged onto the app for 1 hr and 59 minutes although about 30 mins of that I was just sitting around waiting for orders.

I ended up completing 5 deliveries in this time and made a total of $30.28 with only one of those deliveries tipping so far. I am hoping at least a couple more of them will tip by tomorrow but we will see.

But I would say it was decent to make around $6 per delivery as only one of the deliveries was over a 10 minute drive from the restaurant and the rest were all in close proximity.

FUN FACT: UberEats just announced today that they will be changing their pay scale again. It is supposed to be better for drivers and allow us to earn more for our time. It will be interesting to see if they can live up to their promise. I personally don’t mind it the way it is so I am curious if this change will be for the better or for the worse.

LESSON FROM TODAY: Selling on eBay can be a great source of income on the side, and some even do it full time! I personally recommend that everyone do a little research to learn how its done if you are looking for a skill that can make you money the rest of your life!

Overall I had a great day with some great WINS affecting my finances in a positive way. I am looking forward to the next few days as I will be trying to see what I can do to get my eBay sales up even more!

What financial WINS can you share with us today?

If you have any specific questions about eBay, dropshipping, discontinued products or any of the topics mentioned today, please feel free to ask them below and I and others who are knowledgeable will do our best to answer them!

2 Likes

really nice

1 Like

Is the Good-Bye Cracks for cracks in the wall due to shifting?

You’re doing great!

1 Like

Moore Income posted:

Today I spent a lot of time working on doing bookkeeping for my business but I did have a few nice financial WINS to share today

1.) More Dropshipping Sales

The sales continue with my dropshipping products, it is still things related to lighting. I believe it must be the time of year when people update their lighting both indoor and out because I sold one indoor lamp and two sets of landscaping lights.

With each sale bringing in roughly $5 in profit, that’s $15 in extra income and the orders took me less than 10 minutes to fulfill.

If you sell online and have never tried dropshipping from US suppliers, I would recommend giving it a try.

Even though I have been listing some of my physical inventory, I have been selling more dropshipping products recently which is making me want to dive in a little deeper and sign up with some new suppliers to maybe increase my sales.

2.) Discontinued Item Sale!

This is a big WIN for me. I mentioned discontinued items in one of my recent posts and I actually just sold one item I picked up the other day.

I bought it at Ace Hardware, it is called Good-bye Cracks by Goof Off.

I picked it up for $5 and listed it and it sold within 12 hours for my full asking price of $77 + shipping! After fees that is going to be over $50 PROFIT!

And the cool thing is, I still have 2 more of them to sell!

If you are not familiar with discontinued items, they are basically brand names that have either stopped making a specific line of products or the brand themselves go out of business.

There are quite a few items out there that are highly sought after but since they are no longer made, they are hard to find and these people are willing to pay good money to get their hands on it.

I am by no means an expert on discontinued items but I follow a lady on YouTube and Instagram called “Thrift to Travel” and she is definitely the person I would say to look up if you want to learn more on the topic!

3.) Got a Few Deliveries In

As I mentioned at the beginning, today I was focusing more on bookkeeping for my business and the next couple days will probably be the same.

However, I did take some time this evening to do a few deliveries with UberEats to bring in a little income for the day besides what I made with eBay sales.

I was logged onto the app for 1 hr and 59 minutes although about 30 mins of that I was just sitting around waiting for orders.

I ended up completing 5 deliveries in this time and made a total of $30.28 with only one of those deliveries tipping so far. I am hoping at least a couple more of them will tip by tomorrow but we will see.

But I would say it was decent to make around $6 per delivery as only one of the deliveries was over a 10 minute drive from the restaurant and the rest were all in close proximity.

FUN FACT: UberEats just announced today that they will be changing their pay scale again. It is supposed to be better for drivers and allow us to earn more for our time. It will be interesting to see if they can live up to their promise. I personally don’t mind it the way it is so I am curious if this change will be for the better or for the worse.

LESSON FROM TODAY: Selling on eBay can be a great source of income on the side, and some even do it full time! I personally recommend that everyone do a little research to learn how its done if you are looking for a skill that can make you money the rest of your life!

Overall I had a great day with some great WINS affecting my finances in a positive way. I am looking forward to the next few days as I will be trying to see what I can do to get my eBay sales up even more!

What financial WINS can you share with us today?

If you have any specific questions about eBay, dropshipping, discontinued products or any of the topics mentioned today, please feel free to ask them below and I and others who are knowledgeable will do our best to answer them!

Do you get tips?

sthom posted:

Is the Good-Bye Cracks for cracks in the wall due to shifting?

You’re doing great!

@sthom

The description of this item goes as follows:

For plaster, drywall, wood. Sprays on like paint but dries like rubber! Prevents cracks from reappearing.

So in short, I think yes. :)

1 Like

@mskimberly I do get tips on a lot of deliveries but there are always some that don’t tip me.

Last I checke I got 2 more tips from those 5 so that would mean that 2 of them did not tip.

1 Like

Sounds like a good day @moore.income except for the couple of non-tippers. I’m sorry that happened…and little surprised, really. Would not imagine that of people ordering dinner or groceries thru a delivery service to their front door.

I seem to be going the other way these last several days. I’m spending money on some things I’ve considered unnecessary. However, the items are not big ticket, 2 under $25 and 1 under a $100, but I’ve considered all the purchases for years, not weeks or days, so I gifted us. They were all replacement items, but replacing items still functional, but old, so that’s why they fall into the “unnecessary” classification for us.

My partner and I each won $5 in the lotto last week so we are going to breakfast this morning at our fav local Mom and Pop cafe where we each get a steamy, hot (always) breakfast of 2 eggs, meat, crispy hash browns to die for, and 1 pancake and glass of water (coffee at home, sigh) for $5 before 9AM We don’t eat out often but when we do it’s usually breakfast there.

Hoping some were more determined and can share some great wins for day 18!

1 Like

Moore Income posted:

@mskimberly I do get tips on a lot of deliveries but there are always some that don’t tip me.

Last I checke I got 2 more tips from those 5 so that would mean that 2 of them did not tip.

My mother always said that if you cannot afford to tip, you cannot afford to eat out. I know she would say the same about delivery.

1 Like

I need to hop to it. I have all the tools necessary to do everything in today’s message, except Uber Eats, but Ebay Partner, Ali Dropshipping, my own website. Really, I think I am to content with my lackadaisical way of living. But I applaud you for your making this information available.

1 Like