How I Paid Off My Student Loans By Selling on eBay

As a stay at home mom of four kids, I’ve been selling on eBay for about ten years.

I paid off my student loans in 18 months! It has been a flexible, lucrative option.

Here are details of how you too can get started:

https://sixonabudget.com/i-pai…-a-stay-at-home-mom/

6 Likes

eBay is a great place to sell things and earn extra money. I have been selling things on eBay since I was 14.

2 Likes

What types of things do you sell and how do you come up with how much to sell them for @moore.income?

1 Like

for a new comer like me…how should i approach the shipping aspect of e-bay…more specifically, do you own a scale to determine postage? trying to map my mind around the whole process.

thanks everyone!

Carlos Ortega posted:

for a new comer like me…how should i approach the shipping aspect of e-bay…more specifically, do you own a scale to determine postage? trying to map my mind around the whole process.

thanks everyone!

@carlos.ortega I personally do a lot more estimating. I do however have a scale which I use sometimes. I generally charge FREE shipping so I just try to estimate a number into the price. One thing you can also do is if you are selling a similar item that other people have listed, if you go to their item and click on the “sell one like this” link, it will copy the weight and dimensions that person has set. This is not always accurate but you can get a ballpark number. For the most accuracy I recommended getting a scale and having your weight and dimensions figured out before listing, it does make the process a little more time consuming though.

1 Like

You can use Ebays discounted shipping by printing right from the item. Using USPS preset priced and sized boxes, especially if the item is heavy. Buy a scale when you are starting out. I was stung a few times by heavy items that wouldn’t fit in preset boxes and had to travel cross country.

Six on a Budget posted:

As a stay at home mom of four kids, I’ve been selling on eBay for about ten years.

I paid off my student loans in 18 months! It has been a flexible, lucrative option.

Here are details of how you too can get started:

https://sixonabudget.com/i-pai…-a-stay-at-home-mom/

I tried to look at your website but there seems to be a security issue.