If anyone has a question on tenant rights in NYC..I'm that chick.

Hello everyone. I am from the city that never sleeps…NYC. They say if you can make it here, you can make it anywhere! Well…it’s true bc boy let me tell you guys, it is so tough. And to find a roof over your head is yet the toughest. There are a lot of scam artists, haters, fake, money hungry, pessimistic, energy vampires, little spirituality, broke, lazy people here. Oh don’t get me wrong, New Yorkers are more than not, willing to lend a helping hand yet you must be alert and careful on the reasoning behind the help. I have been bamboozled so many different ways on my expense that as far as housing is concerned, I might as well become a housing attorney. So, if anyone is about to be homeless…I have the solution to your problems. Please know, even if you cant pay the rent, there are ways around it so that you have a chance of saving your living situation under any circumstance. Even if you are not on the lease you can by time. If you have concerns…I’m here to let you know everything I know.

1 Like

Hi @lolita I have been to NYC once, but I don’t think I could ever live in a city that big!

Good to know someone who knows the ins and outs of housing there though!

I have heard that there are a lot of scams when it comes to renting apartments etc.

Have you personally run into any of these?

Hi Lolita, sharing some of the situations you’ve gone through would probably help a lot of renters. Unfortunately, the landlords usually know the landlord/tenant laws but renters do not. Many renters don’t even realize they have rights when they sign a lease or be forfeiting those rights if they don’t sign a lease.

1 Like