I'm new here.

I was recommended this forum for people that are disabled (SSDI) I keep getting the run around and have a profound case of Tourette Syndrome. I am 40 years old and am highly educated (7 years full time in college.) I can not meet ends meet and I have my partner and here 3 kids, two in college now.

I swear and violently jerk and make load sounds tics. It took me 8 years to be awarded SSDI back in 2008. I cannot afford to take care of my partner and her 16 year old kid on my meager $1200 a month. I am starving and have no support from my immediate family. My family supports me with everything thing they know how to do.

I need help and do not know what to do. My transmission in my car broke last week while I had it in the shop. My sixteen year old relies on that car to school and work. I am so desperate and all I want is my family to not suffer. My partner is in and out of the hospital since last Christmas and the stress and anxiety is killing me.

Any suggestions are very much appreciated.

Thank you,

Jamea

1 Like

This form is not specifically for disabled individuals. It is for anyone who wants to save money in one way or another. You may be able to get state funds, medicaid, and food stamps aka snap to supplement what you have now. Sometimes local churches will help, too. I am so sorry for what you are going through.

2 Likes

@tourette.tic I’m so sorry to hear that you suffer from Tourette’s. We have a very dear friend who was one of our professors in Bible college who has it. I’m not sure what position he holds now, but I do know that he was always cognizant of what could happen. He told us if we asked, and nobody ever made him feel like less of a human being. I hope and pray nobody ever does you, either. As the previous poster said, snap is often available, and many times there are many great attorneys who are willing to help in receiving SSDI benefits. One of the best in the country from what our friends say is called Morgan and Morgan. They’re nationwide. Local churches are indeed often willing to help in any way they can. Being disabled myself, though not with Tourette’s, I know some of what you’re going through. You’ll be in our prayers.

1 Like