Learning how to host an estate sale or help someone with an estate sale

I have a little experience working at estate sales and I would like to find part time employment in the Orange County/ Long Beach area

First of all I would look up companies that host estate sales. From my experience most of them are small business owners who employ folks to sort through estates, Mark items and help set up the estate sale. I’d certainly contact the local companies and inquire about hiring on.

I live in the San Francisco Bay Area and subscribe to many local estate sale companies so I can find out about upcoming estate sales. I have a friend who hosts estate sales and makes a solid living doing so. It’s a lot of word of mouth, referrals, networking.

You could visit various estate sales and try to find out more about the company hosting it. Talk with other employees and get an idea of how it works. Good luck!

From my experience, when it comes to estate sales, they tend to have a pretty loyal customer base and are generally owned by a person on family and everybody knows everybody for the most part.

I would suggest looking up estate sales in your area and start visiting them on a regular basis. Once you get to know the owners and employees, ask them if they are ever looking for help and then let them know you are open for part time work.