Online business

I am retiring from being a wedding planner and decorator. I have over 20 years of experience working with brides, venues and venders. When brides say yes there is an overwhelming amount of planning to be done. I would like to talk the brides through the process. Budgeting, finding venues, DJ’s, cake decorators etc. I can also book honeymoon plans. How would I go about creating an online wedding planner service? Virtual planner?

good luck, sounds like you already know what you need to know, this community will have answers for you, every one here is so helpful

Hi Rhonda! Sounds like a good idea for a plan. I’d start by researching similar services in your area. For example, I googled “virtual wedding planner minnesota” and found some decent results.

Once you know what you want to offer and who your target audience is, I’d start building a website. Wix or Squarespace are the favorites of many for doing that. You can usually hire someone to help you design/build it if that’s the route you like to go as well.

From there, and this might be the most powerful, is to share your new business with your professional contacts and former wedding clients to help spread the word!

There are many more things to do (social media, advertising, SEO) that can help as well, but having a nice website that shares what services you’re offering and make it easy to contact you would be a great start!

Thank you. Very helpful. I will do that.