Part Time Job

I retired from working at the County Highway. Since I already had a CDL, I’ve just maintained that and have been working as a substitute school bus driver. That allows me to work just a few hours a day and still gives me the heart of the day to do whatever needs done.

1 Like

That is great that you are able to earn some income part time! I know in my city they are always hiring for school bus drivers so it (CDL) is definitely a good skill to have!

2 Likes

Yes, school bus drivers are always in demand in my area as well. And wages are getting better and better (nearly $20/hr).

2 Likes

True. Plus, in some systems the pay is for a set number of hours and if your route doesn’t take that long, the driver is still compensated for the full amount of allotted hours. Consequently, you actually make more than the stated wage. You have to be able to get along with kids that are sometimes challenging, but for the most part they understand the routine and are pretty good, no matter what you might hear.

2 Likes

That sounds ideal. I’d love to be in that position.

I can understand this. We have to make a lot of hard work to survive. I also do 2 Jobs 1 form an organization and 2nd is remote for 2 to 3 hours. And I am still enjoying both.

2 Likes