Support Local Businesses During This Tough Time

Hey all! It’s been a while since I have written a post but I wanted to check back in.

There is a lot of stuff going on in the world right now and I want to start off by saying first of all, be safe!

Things are difficult for a lot of people financially, however, with the stimulus package coming our way, I wanted to take a moment to encourage people to support their local small businesses.

Shop Local Penny Hoarder Community Post by Jon from Moore INcome

The whole point of a stimulus check is to put more money into the economy, and while I don’t think it is a good idea to just go spend it all right away, I think it is important to remember our local businesses at this time.

Of all the businesses that are struggling right now, some of the local ones have been hit the hardest, and yet they are an important part of every community.

As an online reseller, I also know that it is tough for a lot of us to make sales with the way the economy is right now, but I can’t imagine how hard it must be for some small businesses with only a local audience to keep the doors open.

That being said, the other day my wife needed a laptop since she is working from home right now and will be doing online training later on in the year.

Although, I know I could have gotten the best deal on eBay, I instead went to a local computer shop that has only been open for 7 months and ended up purchasing a computer and a Go Pro for my YouTube videos from him.

Anyways… just wanted to remind everyone to keep your local businesses in mind when spending money in the coming days.

5 Likes

Love that, Jon! Thanks for sharing!

2 Likes

Don’t forget those mom & pop grocery stores. No reason for us to drive 10 miles into town for milk & bread if we run out as there is a local store less than 2 miles from us.

1 Like

Thanks for posting this! This has been my focus lately. I have been fortunate through this to have just started a new job in February, which allows me to work remotely from my home. I am also fortunate that the company I work for is doing better as a result of this situation so because my position is stable, I would like to support those with less stable positions, especially local and home businesses. I have been highly encouraging my friends and family to do the same.

From basic grocery needs such as eggs, produce, and meat that can be purchased at local farms, to gift ideas that can be purchased from crafty friends. Please get creative and find ways to support locals with your spending needs. Spending your money at big corporations such as Walmart does not guarantee their workers have job stability. I would much rather give my money to someone local that I know is receiving most of the money.

1 Like