surveys

Being retired we are on a fixed income, I do surveys for extra money for bills. I usually can make anywhere from 100.00 to 500.00 per month, I make extra when I do one on one surveys on the internet or a group discussion.

7 Likes

I have made some money from surveys. It is difficult nowadays sifting between the legitimate survey sites and ones that are just trying to collect your information without actually paying.

My favorites are YouGov Pulse (which does a lot more political surveys) and BIGtoken (an app that pays you for your data)

Besides doing surveys on just survey sites, I have also gotten paid a few times for taking part in surveys and follow up interviews about specific websites or apps that I use. For example I have gotten paid by eBay for talking with them about new features they are working on and I will be doing another video interview with a new investment app I have been using to discuss how they can build their platform better.

4 Likes

I also do you give pulse and also test products. It’s a little extra money

3 Likes

This is very timely. This site promotes Inboxdollars. I haven’t been having very good experiences with them. On 1 survey, supposed to take 14 min., after 18 min it said I didn’t qualify & didn’t get my $1.50! They also promote FREE games to win cash, but you have to PAY to play. I think PennyHoarder needs to look into them again.

I’ll try the other suggestions, thanks

1 Like

I’ve completed surveys and received gift cards directly from the company - The North Face, Sephora and Target. Google Opinion Rewards pays small amounts, but I have to turn on my location. I’d like to see more surveys that actually pay money. I also looked at the surveys that The Penny Hoarder promoted and some of the reviews are concerning!

1 Like

@tkit posted:

This is very timely. This site promotes Inboxdollars. I haven’t been having very good experiences with them. On 1 survey, supposed to take 14 min., after 18 min it said I didn’t qualify & didn’t get my $1.50! They also promote FREE games to win cash, but you have to PAY to play. I think PennyHoarder needs to look into them again.

I’ll try the other suggestions, thanks

I had the same problems as you when I used Inbox dollars. Then my Inbox account got hacked and Inbox would not help me out afterward or compensate me for the money lost when it was hacked.

I’m curious what this is like for taxes? Do the survey sites send out a 1099 form? I’m intrigued by the idea but don’t want to wait until April to file my taxes waiting on a receipt for the $50 I made, you know?

Hello, @ Reach Your Goals. Typically, these companies only send out 1099s if you earn 600 dollars or more in a year. I was able to earn over $5,000 tax free last year from taking surveys and participating in focus groups because I never earned more than $600 from any one company.

1 Like

My experience with Inbox was not to my liking.