This mom needs work!

I have a 3-year-old son but daycare has a waiting list. I need a serious online job or creative gig. Any ideas?

1 Like

What is your expertise? Any skills or talents you have that could translate into a side income?

I edit books from home and this provides a good income, however it took a while to get clients to trust my delivery and price accordingly. The way I did it was write a blog post every week for three years; you probably don’t want to wait that long! The other way is to post on Facebook groups according to your talent, there is one for every skillset. Just answer people’s questions on that one topic. Stick to one thing and make sure you know your stuff.

3 Likes

Hello @jennifer.lancaster i heard you are a writer i would suggest you start working as a freelancer(seller) on Best freelance services you could create your gig and start selling your services. i heard you are finding it hard to find clients, i could help you out in that i have been working as a freelancer since 3 year and its fun AmiGraphics it is . a great platform for freelance services.

Thanks

AmiGraphics https://www.fiverr.com/share/4ywby

Hi Amigraphics, thanks, but I’m fine with my book editing business. I already charge $66 an hour and am looking to increase my workload from past clients. I write those posts to attract authors via website searches. There are few online jobs that pay well, e.g. I tried REVS and was earning about 20 cents a minute. Terrible audios.

There is never good pay on bidding sites; this how I got ideas for an author academy (current) and author supporter site. Leveraged income is best. Also, the more in a hurry you are, the more likely you might grab at the wrong thing. Take care, daycare mom.

2 Likes

Jennifer Lancaster posted:

Hi Amigraphics, thanks, but I’m fine with my book editing business. I already charge $66 an hour and am looking to increase my workload from past clients. I write those posts to attract authors via website searches. There are few online jobs that pay well, e.g. I tried REVS and was earning about 20 cents a minute. Terrible audios.

There is never good pay on bidding sites; this how I got ideas for an author academy (current) and author supporter site. Leveraged income is best. Also, the more in a hurry you are, the more likely you might grab at the wrong thing. Take care, daycare mom.

Jennifer, you are charging an excellent rate and probably already know the best sites to reach potential clients, such as publishers, etc. Have you tried the

Editorial Freelancers Association

https://www.the-efa.org

Oh, you know what, Jennifer, my info was probably not for you. I should have been addressing Lady or Daycare Mom. Sorry.

My company is actually looking for people to help enter businesses into a database for a kids directory. All that’s required is simple Google searches and data entry. If you’re interested, send me a message.

1 Like

If I may ask, what’s the name of the company?