Unexpected things you can buy at Costco

I was really chuckling at this recent Penny Hoarder article on unexpected things you can get at Costco. I had no idea I’ll be able to buy a casket and an engagement ring durning my next visit.

Have you bought any wacky things at Costco? Besides a mountain of frozen pizzas and a 10-pack of knockoff Brita filters, I haven’t strayed too far from your typical bulk purchases. But after seeing the bill for flowers for a 10-person wedding (like $1k!), I wish I knew I could’ve ordered flowers from Costco at a fraction of the price.

1 Like

LoL. I can attest that knock-off Brita filters don’t work as well. I didn’t buy at Costco but at a grocery store. That is one of the things I had to return to buying, the real thing, after giving store brands a try.

1 Like

@sthom Yeah the filters don’t last as long as the real thing, that’s for sure! I found the off-brand Brita filters you can get at Target do pretty well, though. But they are pricier than the 10 pack at Costco.

2 Likes

thanks for sharing

1 Like

I get my eyes examined and my eyeglasses from Costco since I don’t have vision insurance. I also get my prescriptions here as it is much cheaper than a regular pharmacy.

2 Likes

@lismox Oh, didn’t realize they offered eye exams. Good to know!

1 Like

Hearing aids. A family member got their hearing checked and hearing aids there for about $1500. Normal cost is around $5000. You can get your prescriptions filled at their pharmacy, as well.

1 Like

Due to the fact that I do not have vision insurance, I go to Costco for both my annual eye test and the purchase of my eyewear.

mario games

3 Likes

@lismox, Yes, that’s on my schedule this Fall. Get new prescriptions at Costco Eyewear. Thanks for the reminder.

1 Like