Verification of offers

Hi there! I’m new so I’m not sure if I’m in the right place, but I received an offer from a company to put a sticker on my vehicle for ad purposes. The money they said they pay is a bit outrageous and I just don’t know how to verify it. The offer is apparently separate from the company itself. There’s probably a real simple way to do this but I usually miss the simple stuff and go right for the complicated. ?

3 Likes

Good question. I have received many via unsolicited texts. I’ve been too suspicious to click the link.

2 Likes

You can find the same legit job via Rat Race Rebellion. They’ve vetted the companies they are listing.

1 Like

It sounds like a scam.

2 Likes

I received an offer where a company would pay for another company to put a wrap on my car that featured a particular business. I don’t remember exactly how much they promised to pay but it was enough to entice me. I got suspicious when they sent me a check to deposit and then pay the person doing the wrap. I started to google the name and sure enough, found it was a scam.

2 Likes

The one I participated in was a scam. I have the $1650 check in my possession right now. Called the “issuing bank” to verify the check, and it turns out the account number is invalid. Anytime a business says “make this deposit, then call to pay someone else a portion of that…” it is likely a scam. Even in today’s internet world, checks still take 3-5 days to process through the Federal Reserve. Then they disappear with your money when the ‘issuing bank’ rejects the check.

2 Likes

Is there someone who investigates these scams or are there so many with some being worse?

2 Likes

Hi David,

Good for you, you made the right decision.

1 Like

Yes, these scams are horrible. I have a cousin who got caught up in one who depleted he and his wife’s savings accounts. On top of that, turns out the police was watching the company and he got caught up in the illegal mess…arrested!

Be careful.

1 Like

Simple searches on Google usually tells you what you need to know.

2 Likes