How legitimate are those 'play for cash' games like Solitare Cash?

I keep seeing articles from the Penny Hoarder that suggest games like this that pay you when you play. Example here lists Solitaire Cash & Bubble Cash: 50 Ways to Make Money.

I tried Foap as per suggested by PH, & it didn’t work out at all. The app was slowly becoming some creepy fetish fest & it was flooded with nonsensical photos (like accidental shots people took or photos of their family- it was weird). I’m desperate to get some extra cash as my only vehicle died last week & I had to purchase another car. Even going used was more expensive than I wanted, but at least I have a safe vehicle to drive now.

Just need to scrap together some extra cash & I’m really curious about these games but too chicken to try it out myself. Has anyone used apps/games like these before? Do they actually pay you at all?

Thanks, y’all. Good luck with all your finances!

Hope you get answer and prays you get extra money for your car

1 Like

I haven’t tried these games… but I do have tried “play to earn” from crypto games and it’s something you should try in the future. For the situation at hand, I highly suggest you try renting out things you have. Like tools or camera, probably? Rent them out to people near you. Much like Airbnb but for your stuff. This way, you can get by some money per day or weekly. Either advertise your things on your own or you can use a peer-to-peer rental platform that will show your stuff to people who really need them.

I’ve shared this already on here that I rent out our family’s extra canopy and the money I earn from it is pretty passive and helpful.

2 Likes

Hi @mountainfan! I probably wouldn’t rely on games to make a car payment or add to your emergency fund or anything like that. But if you’re good at Solitaire and take the time to make it through the free option, you could possibly win some money. If you’re interested, here’s a deeper dive from The Penny Hoarder on Solitaire Cash and how it works: https://www.thepennyhoarder.co…solitaire-for-money/

Other articles to take a look at:

Also, if it might be an option for you, a lot of places are now hiring seasonal employees.

1 Like

@lainelou posted:

I’ve shared this already on here that I rent out our family’s extra canopy and the money I earn from it is pretty passive and helpful.

I remember this suggestion & while it’s a good one, I currently don’t have much to rent out. I have been selling some things via eBay & my Neighborhood app though. I’ll look into the play-to-earn crypto games when I get the chance as well.

Thanks!

1 Like

@will.s posted:

If you’re interested, here’s a deeper dive from The Penny Hoarder on Solitaire Cash and how it works: https://www.thepennyhoarder.co…solitaire-for-money/

Thank you for the resources! I didn’t realize there was a full article on the Solitaire Cash game, haha. Good to know the details.

I’m currently working full-time with a long commute which puts stress on my time as it is, so I haven’t really considered a seasonal job in addition. It’s definitely a good idea though. Also looking into WFH jobs for my spouse to pursue. I was just so curious about apps like Solitaire Cash. It really sounds too good to be true!

1 Like

I can’t help you with many payback apps, I only do the grocery/gas apps but what I have learned is to read the fine print carefully. I’ve learned you can lose accumulated points or cash because of inactivity. That happened to me when one of the sites started listing qualified purchases that I rarely or almost never buy instead of things I do buy but were slowly removed from the choices. Recently another app just shut me down because I was not interested in linking my email account to their platform. When I emailed the “app masters” THEN I found out why I could not log in. I immediately asked for a cash out, which luckily if I chose cash they would do with any amount of accumulation when typically they require a minimum, most use $20. The point here is that I’ve learned to open every email from these apps because they all seem to like to change the rules without much, if any, warning. If you’ve accumulated a lot of points/cash you may not be able to get it without really staying on top of their rules and regs. It helps to either search or follow the apps on FB, IG, Twitter, etc because costomer complaints show up first on social media. That helps keep you in the loop, too.

2 Likes

Bingo cash does not pay, and the game that do like solitaire take a year to payout. First you complete the task dollar amount , then complete 2 more tasks. Then you get a queue position of 3000 give or take a few hundred. You wait almost a year then still get another reason why you don’t have it yet. All the free game apps that claim to pay cash are false advertising at it’s best. My recommendation don’t waste your time, by the time you’re done you will be stressed and angry.