Need a new cell phone

My cell phone is malfunctioning -battery not holding a charge back cover is coming off. I’ve looked into buying a new one but they are crazy expensive- $300+ for the cheapest one from At&t. I don’t want to pay $20+ for 30 months. Any tips where to find an affordable phone?

1 Like

We have Boost mobile. Our family plan is 110 for three lines.

I have a friend who buys them off Craigslist, but I never dared to try that. I just got 2 phones and 2 lines from Twigby- amazingly cheap. And there’s even service here in NH.

I always buy mine off of eBay. If you shop around, you can find unlocked phones at good prices. I recently purchased a Samsung Galaxy S9 used for under $300 when most places were selling them new for $500-$600.

If you are willing to get a used or older version of a phone, you can get some pretty good deals on eBay.

We’ve bought our last 5 phones off ebay with great success, unlocked. Just make sure you check with your carrier to see if the phones will work with them.

1 Like

I recently purchased a new Samsung Galaxay A30 from Walmart for my mom for less than $250 delivered to her. Phone new and unlocked so able to use with any carrier. She likes it and is still learning to use it.

Kathryn Stempel posted:

My cell phone is malfunctioning -battery not holding a charge back cover is coming off. I’ve looked into buying a new one but they are crazy expensive- $300+ for the cheapest one from At&t. I don’t want to pay $20+ for 30 months. Any tips where to find an affordable phone?

Kathryn,

Hey Kat here. Just saw your post. Happy 4th of July btw. Ok so I know buying a phone can be hard on the bank account, which is why I never go with a contract account for my mobile needs. All of your prepaid companies out there always have one of the newest top selling brand cell phone usually free for any new customers that will port over their cell number. Just do a lil leg work by locating your local Metro by T-Mobile, Cricket and Boost and ask them what kind of in-store deals do they have for new customers. If you port your current mobile number over you not only get to keep your number but you will get a fancy new phone FREE. Also you might get lucky and find out that one of them is willing to pay you to get out of your contract with AT&T if you in fact are in a contracted account with them. I just upgraded my phone with Metro by T-MOBILE and got the new MotoG Power with a 6.2" display and the camera is AMAZING. Hope this helps you…Have a safe and fun 4th of July…

KatLeigh

quite often my phone says low storage and it gets really annoying. but the right time shall come when i get a new phone. i hope. fingers crossed

Try H20, $27 a month, runs on ATT