What kind of store bought pizza is almost or as good as pizza chains?

Think of how expensive it is to have pizza delivered. If ordered frequently, you could be losing a lot of money long term. What kind of store bought pizza is almost or as good as pizza chains? What is the worst? I don’t know what the best is. However, the worst is Celeste. It’s tastes like it is made with American cheese rather than mozzarella.

TOTINOS pepperoni is awesome! Add extra mozzarella follow directions but place it on bottom rack for 5-6 mins. Finish up on upper rack. I place two on copper pan as it gives it a crispy bottom. Also recommend setting them out for 30 mins prior to baking.

2 Likes

Pamela V Hayden posted:

TOTINOS pepperoni is awesome! Add extra mozzarella follow directions but place it on bottom rack for 5-6 mins. Finish up on upper rack. I place two on copper pan as it gives it a crispy bottom. Also recommend setting them out for 30 mins prior to baking.

I will have to give them a try. How much are they for a 12 inch cheese pizza?

They are not 12 inch rounds. They are square and around 1.00-1.99 each.( Walmart is cheapest. They sell them in 4 packs for under 5.00) One is usually sufficient for each person. They have cheese supreme &pepperoni. Good luck.

1 Like

Pamela V Hayden posted:

They are not 12 inch rounds. They are square and around 1.00-1.99 each.( Walmart is cheapest. They sell them in 4 packs for under 5.00) One is usually sufficient for each person. They have cheese supreme &pepperoni. Good luck.

Pamela, thank you very much! I plan to save money this way.

I hope you like them. My son& boyfriend really enjoy them and I couldn’t believe how good they were when I tried a bite. Let me know!

1 Like

Pamela V Hayden posted:

I hope you like them. My son& boyfriend really enjoy them and I couldn’t believe how good they were when I tried a bite. Let me know!

I will be going to the grocery store in the next two weeks. I will let you know. Can’t wait!

We like Screamin Sicilian and can only find the brand in our area at Publix. Publix runs BOGO frequently, and if you sign up at the SS website, they email $1.00 off coupons every 4-6 weeks (expiration dates are short, so take note)/And SS doesn’t spam! We do jazz up with extra mozzarella, but do any store bought pizza! https://www.screaminsicilian.com

1 Like

I have seen that in my grocery store so many times, and I am always tempted. I signed up for free coupons. The advertisement that came up was so original. It made me hungry!

1 Like